The Benefice of Beercrocombe with Curry Mallet, Hatch Beauchamp. Orchard Portman, Staple Fitzpaine, Stoke St Mary (with Thurlbear) and West Hatch (Seven Sowers Benefice)
take the welfare of all people seriously.
If you have any concerns please contact her or one of our priests. If you have concerns about one of these people the contact details for the diocesan safeguarding officers are at the end of this page.
If you believe someone to be in immediate danger contact the police using 999.
The Parochial Church Council of each church has adopted the national Church of England House of Bishops’ policy, ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ :
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Each Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Work with Helen Hossell our (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community must agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
Diocesan Safeguarding Team's webpage:
Diocesan Safeguarding Manager Ben Goodhind call 01749 588917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Diocese of Bath and Wells has partnered with thirtyone:eight to offer out of hours safeguarding support. They operate from 17:00 to 09:00, Monday to Friday, 07:00 to midnight on Saturdays and Sundays, bank holidays and other absences.
During these times you are advised to call 0303 003 1111 for any emergency safeguarding queries.